As I mentioned above, a window manager does not need to be written to support Xinerama. However there are certain enhancements which window manager developers can do to make Xinerama users lives easier. Features which I thought were desireable include:
* Intelligent placement of windows.
- Window managers should not place windows in dead areas or across the borders of two heads.
- New windows should be placed in the current desktop.
* Maximizing windows should maximize the window to the current head only.
* Window Movements should have edge resistance between heads (Much like they have resistance to other windows).
* Dialogs and informative messages should not pop up Between Heads.
In my older howto I had listed a lot of Window Managers and their level of support for Xinerama. But most of that information is obsolete now. Most modern window managers support Xinerama to some extent.
Закладки на сайте
Проследить за страницей
Created 1996-2021 by Maxim Chirkov
Добавить, Поддержать, Вебмастеру